Thurrock Music Services Covid19 Update Autumn 2020
TMS Phased return to delivering music tuition
Thurrock Music Services is planning a phased return to delivering high quality music education to the young people of Thurrock. In order to do this safely we have outlined the follwoing steps:
- Face-to-face instrumental and vocal lessons are happening in some schools this term where accommodation allows safe delivery. Where schools are not able to accommodate visiting tutors then online lessons are still available directly from TMS. Please contact the Music Services admin for more information about the online offer.
- In primary schools lessons will be 10 minute individual lessons rather than shared lessons to reduce the risk of transmission.
- There are no ensemble rehearsals for the foreseeable future. We will inform parents via social media and via our tutors as soon as this changes and we can get back to face to face rehearsals.
- TMS Music Schools (Palmers, Hassenbrook and Gable Hall Rock School) and twilight music lessons at HHPP are not running for the foreseeable future. All lessons including theory and aural lessons are available online.
- Instrument hire scheme will resume from September but strictly by appointment only.
- Instrument returns will be accepted after the Autumn half term holiday but again strictly by appointment only.
- TMS admin offices are currently still closed but we hope to be open as soon as all the necessary risk assessments have been approved. However, in order to minimise the risk of transmission of the virus the offices will only be open for a limited time during the week. Where possible all communication should be via phone and / or email. However, if a face to face meeting is required please do not turn up unannounced but book an appointment.
- TMS still cannot access phone lines (until office working resumes) so all enquiries and communications should be via email@example.com
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these uncertain times.